Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Stewart Reunion 2010 in Jackson Hole

On July 23-25, we had a Family Reunion on my dad's side, which included his siblings, cousins, and aunts/uncles. This year it was held in Jackson Hole, WY.

We had dinner at a yummy Mexican Restaurant called The Merry Piglets!
Very cute atmosphere!





We went to the Playhouse Theater and watched the play Annie Get Your Gun!!



We went to Jenny Lake in the National Teton Park. We rode a boat shuttle to the other side of the lake. Here's the boat!
Mom and Dad on the boat!
Challis on the boat!

Waiting in line to buy our tickets for the boat!

Jenny Lake: so beautiful!!!

Teton Mountains!


On the other side of the lake, we hiked up to the Hidden Falls, and this is half way up the trail at the bottom of the Hidden Falls.

pretty!


Richard on the bridge!!

ME!



The Hidden Falls. It's an 80 ft. waterfall! The hike was hot, but the temperature up there was so cool and refreshing!!

Not a very good pic of us, but the only one we got in front of the Hidden Falls!

Richard posing!!

Richard and I on the boat ride back!

Then we went to the Snow King Resort, which is a ski hill during the winter. During the summer they have miniature golf and the Alpine Slide. For the Alpine Slide, you ride the ski lift up to the top of the hill, then ride carts down!

Here's Richard getting on the ski lift!

And my brother Challis and cousin Aaron.

The ski lift!

Richard coming down the slide!

He made it safe and sound, and loved it too!!

Here's my brother coming down!
The miniature golf course started on the right of the slide, went over the bridge that goes over the slide, then finishes on the left side of the slide.
Also while in Jackson, we swam at the hotel outdoor pool, went to the Bar J Wranglers, had a big family picnic in the park, ate lots of food, and shopped!!
For more pics, you can check out my photo album on facebook!

2 comments:

  1. So jealous!! :) I was born there and spent most of my summers there growing up. My Uncle used to run the horse riding stables at Snow King. Not sure if anyone does that there anymore. He also used to do the Stage Coach and I drove it for him several times over the years. I love, love, love, Jackson. Looks like you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Lynn,
    I had no idea you were born there. how fun. and while we were at Snow King we saw people riding horses, and my dad said he heard you could pay $/hr to ride on a trail with a group or something, but I'm not sure if it's exactly the same as when you were there. Very cool though!

    ReplyDelete