Monday, November 26, 2012

Results Are In!!

On Friday, November 16th, at exactly 18 weeks, we had an ultrasound to determine the sex of our baby!
We wondered if it would be a HE or a She??...

And found out it's a....
HE!


Why am I holding this candy bar when I could be eating it?!?!?!?
I'm the BIG sister:)
Don't let all these smiles fool ya....we had Kinzie with us when we found out, and we asked her "do you want to have a baby brother?" At which she sternly replied "NO". Then we headed to the mall to buy an outfit and I asked her on the way "should we buy baby boy a present?"  Again, it was a big NO. As we were looking at the boy outfits and picking one out, Kinzie was a couple racks over taking some girl clothes off the racks. We got home and I tried to get her to hold the HE candy bar, and she wouldn't stand there and  hold it...she just kept going and grabbing the SHE one (which Richard was holding as he tried to demonstrate to her how to hold it).
However, she is still very excited to get a baby (and really I don't think she fully comprehends the fact that it's a boy compared to it being a girl, maybe she does, I don't know) and I know she'll be a great big sister. She still excitedly points out a baby anytime we see one, and she still likes to kiss, rub, and poke my belly/baby. I think she'll end up loving the baby once he gets here...even if it is a boy...at least until he starts pulling her hair and getting into her stuff:) 
Richard and I are very excited and feel very blessed to welcome this boy into our home and family! We are very grateful that he has chosen us to be his parents and that I have this opportunity to be his mommy--It's a very special bond we share that I wouldn't trade for anything! We hope and pray every day that he will be as strong, healthy, sweet, and good-natured as Kinzie!

1 comment: